I would like to mention two of the very common and known quotes to share with you to start this post and will share how important it is in our today’s lifestyle to emphasize or reconsider these.
“Health is Wealth.”
“Prevention is better than CURE.”
It is very true because if we are not healthy, we cannot do any work with full energy and enthusiasm which in turn affects badly our wealth creation. So to live a healthy life style, we need to improve our lifestyle.
Here are given some of the tips to enjoy healthier life.
1. Healthy food intake – Eat fruit and vegetables and avoid saturated fat. Beware of processed foods, which often contain high levels of salt.
2. Get active & take heart – Even 30 minutes of activity can help to prevent heart attacks and strokes and your work will benefit too.
3. Say no to tobacco – Your risk of coronary heart disease will be halved within a year and will return to a normal level over time.
4. Maintain a healthy weight – Weight loss, especially together with lowered salt intake, leads to lower blood pressure. High blood pressure is the number one risk factor for stroke and a major factor for approximately half of all heart disease and stroke.
5. Know your numbers – Visit a healthcare professional who can measure your blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose levels, together with waist-to-hip ratio and body mass index (bmi). Once you know your overall risk, you can develop a specific plan of action to improve your heart health.
6. Insist on a smoke-free environment – Demand a tobacco ban – ensure your workplace is 100% smoke-free. Support the adoption of smoking – cessation services encourage your employer to provide help to those wanting to quit tobacco.
7. Bring exercise to the workplace – Include physical activity in your working schedule – cycle to work if this is possible, take the stairs, exercise or go for a walk during your lunch breaks, and encourage others to do so too.
8. Choose healthy food options – Ask for healthy food at your work canteen, or find nearby cafes or restaurants that serve healthy meals
9. Encourage stress-free moments – Whilst stress has not been shown to be a direct risk fact or for heart disease and stroke, it is related to smoking and unhealthy eating, which are risk factors for heart disease.
The above will surely help you to learn how to keep yourself healthy and active and better control over your key numbers.
To Your Health & Safety,
Faisal Javed Mir & First Aid to Save a Life Pakistan