This year on World Heart Day, we want to raise our voice once again for people from all walks of life who are acting now to live longer, better, heart-healthy lives by making a promise …
- A promise to our families to cook and eat more healthily
- A promise to our children to exercise more and help them to be more active, to say no to smoking and help our loved ones to stop
- A promise as a healthcare professional to help patients give up smoking and lower their cholesterol
- A promise as a policymaker to support policies that promote healthy hearts
- A promise as an employee to invest in heart-healthy workplaces
A simple promise … for MY HEART, for YOUR HEART, for ALL OUR HEARTS.
Cardiovascular disease is the world’s number one killer today. But it doesn’t need to be this way. By making just a few small changes to our lives, we can reduce our risk of heart disease and stroke, as well as improving our quality of life and setting a good example for the next generation. It’s about saying to yourself, the people you care about and individuals all around the world, “what can I do right now to look after MY HEART … and YOUR HEART?”
CVD is the leading cause of death and disability in the world, killing 17.9 million people a year. That’s a third of all deaths on the planet and half of all non-communicable-disease-related deaths. Around 85% of these deaths are due to heart disease and stroke.
World Heart Day plays a crucial role in changing all of this. It is a vital global platform that we can use to raise awareness and encourage individuals, families, and communities to take action. Together we have the power to reduce the burden of, and premature deaths from, CVD, helping people everywhere to live longer, better, heart-healthy lives.
To Your Safety,
Faisal Javed Mir & First Aid to Save a Life
You might also like:
Basic Life Support (BLS) Course
PediatricPlus CPR, AED and First Aid Course
Advanced Bleeding Control Course
CarePlus CPR and AED for All – Adult, Children and Infants
Family First Aid Course
Community Training Programs
Upcoming Training Courses